
Also, here is a page that I did this morning featuring my cutie!
Last night, the whole family gathered outside to wash the cars. I hate washing cars. I think it is because I had to do SO MANY fundraiser car washes as a kid. I hate getting my knuckles scraped on the wheels, I hate having cold hands and trying to get into tiny crevices and I HATE being sprayed with water. I really do. So, I was not excited to be going out in the HEAT to wash cars last night.
We were filling up the bucket when all of the sudden Mitch says something like, "Oh my gosh! Nobody move!"
At times like this, I wish my cell phone had a memory card in it for my pictures. I don't know how to get the pictures off of my phone, so let me describe this. A HUGE (although Mitch said it wasn't that big) gopher snake had slithered halfway out of the wheel on Mitch's truck and was coiled at the base of his tire. It was HUGE. I accidentally left our good camera at my in-laws, so I took pictures with my phone. Argh. At one point, my snake charmer husband sent me inside to grab a pillowcase, so I also grabbed our old (and practically dead) camera, so I did get to capture a couple of pics.

My brave husband used a hoe to "subdue" the snake, then PICKED IT UP and put it into the pillowcase. The rest of us were saying, "Kill it, kill it," however Mitch had a plan to let it loose in one of the empty lots by the creek. The boys walked down the street and showed everyone who happened to be out in their yard at the time. I guess the neighborhood kids loved it. On a semi-related note, my friend Cindy, who lives 3 houses down, had just watched "the release" and went back to work in her hard pulling weeds. Not 5 minutes later, she let out a yelp and jumped back at the sight of a snake in her garden! What in the world? (It wasn't a gopher snake, but STILL!) Mitch is now telling us that the female gopher snake is probably lurking in our garage waiting to strike. Nice guy, huh.
By the way, if someone could tell me how to get rid of the frame around my png files, I would appreciate it! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment