Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday!

Wow! It's amazing how much cool stuff can happen over a weekend. Keeping up with this blog and the rest of my life sometimes feels like a chore, however I need to keep it in perspective. Why did I start this blog? Basically, to share a little, to journal a little, to have access to my words for quick journaling on my pages, etc. I really love having a place to put things that I have been working on, and to reflect on what is going on in my life. So. Oh, well. Maybe I get behind. Maybe I dump a bunch of stuff on here in a single post. Maybe I'm not very deep, and I might seem shallow because I'm not writing from my heart. Whatever. I'm sure I'll get to that stage eventually, but for now, I'll just share quickly.

Thursday - As you know, I have been without email since Thursday when the server had to be moved out of Houston due to the impending hurricane. I am having SUCH a hard time being without my email. I can't even imagine being without electricity or clean drinking water or a dry bed. My thoughts are with everyone affected by hurricane Ike. I wish I knew more about how my friends and their families are doing. Hopefully we will get an update soon.

Friday - It is so wonderful to have a morning with no one else but Cole. I love these mornings! Even if all we do is snuggle on the couch, we have such a fun time. On Friday night, we had some friends over for dinner. Lots of fun, as always!

Saturday - We decided to do something special with the boys, so we went to the movies! We NEVER go to the movies, unless it is our local drive-in. It is getting SO expensive, and with two very unpredictable kids, we would rather not waste the money. However, we had a gift card, so we decided to risk it and go to see a kid movie. We ended up watching "Fly Me To The Moon", which was the ONLY rated G moving playing in ALL of Salem. How crazy is that? Well, we loved the movie anyway. It was in 3D, so that was a fun experience. The boys were wonderful and really enjoyed it!

That evening, Mitch went to a friend's guys only birthday party, so I stayed home and partied with Grant and Cole. We had popcorn and watched a video, then it was off to bed for them and play time for me!

Another class layout:

Click here for credits.

I should also mention that my store opened on Saturday. Go check it out: The Hybrid Shoppe

On Sunday, we went to church, then Sunday school. Man, I love our church! We have a great church family and I totally enjoy our Sunday school class. We are doing the James Dobson video series "Bringing Up Boys". Mitch is the "push the play button" man, and he does an awesome job of facilitating our discussion. I leave church feeling energized, encouraged and filled up. Sundays are the best.

Right after church, we dropped our boys off at their cousins' house and met up with some friends to go wine tasting. Another favorite activity! Actually, one of the guys from our group belongs to a cellar club, so we went to a winery and had a picnic. We could have taken the tour, but it was too hot for that. We just enjoyed our wine and cheese and fruit and relaxed and talked. It was wonderful. After that we brought pizza back to the cousins' house and hung out with family for a while. I would say that our Sunday was perfect!!

And today, Funky Playground Designs, where I am now on the site CT (yay!), is debuting a BUNCH of new designers and the website has an awesome new look. Check it out here.

Here is a new layout with some new stuff from a new gal at FPD:

Click here for credits.

And, that was our weekend! That wasn't so painful, was it?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the layout with you. You look amazing. My favorite lay out so far. Great job

    ReplyDelete