I just wanted to put a quick note out there to let you know that if you are trying to reach me via email, you can't! Let me 'splain.
My amazing parents, who own/run a wonderful international adoption agency have generously allowed me to have an email account with their server (or whatever). Thus, the not-so-generic ending to my email address, right?
Anywho . . . they have offices all over the country, and one of their main offices, which houses the server, is located in the Houston area. I don't have TV, so I don't know all the details, but I received an email this morning telling me that they were going to be moving the server to a safe place. Of course, I was like, "huh?" Then, as I kept reading, I realized that there is a hurricane headed toward the small city where the office is located. I used to live in this small city, so I know that there are creeks that snake up and down and all around the place. We used to live on a creek, and it is amazing how quickly it rises when a hurricane threatens. Actually, the house we lived in flooded several years ago (and it wasn't the first time this happened), so the government decided to tear it down.
Okay, so all that to say that I probably won't have access to email for the next few days. If you are trying to reach me, call me. If you don't have my number, but you just HAVE to talk to me, PM me at MSA. If you don't know what that is, then you probably don't really need to reach me urgently. Or, if you think you do, just comment under this post. Does that work?
And, just to reassure you, my parent don't live in Houston, they are in California. I live in Oregon. We are fine. The people who work for the agency and who live in the Houston area are evacuating. Well, probably. Of course, we never evacuated when I was in high school and we had about a million hurricane warnings, but then that was before New Orleans, right? Anyway, just wanted to let you know!
Fall is Better with Friends
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment