I have always been interested in digital scrapbooking, but I had no idea where to begin. My latest issue of
CK (Creating Keepsakes magazine) had a great article called "Easy (And Cool) Computer Tricks" and I REALLY wanted to try them out. I downloaded the free 30-day trial version of Photoshop from the Adobe website and then ran into a brick wall. I have no idea how to use this software. Yes, of course, I tried to search help menus, then I tried to find Google groups, then I ran across
Jessica Sprague's blog. Jessica is the author of the CK article. On her blog she has a post called
"Photoshop Fridays" where she explains how to do really cool things with Photoshop. She has detailed directions and sometimes she even has video!! I am so grateful!
Here is my very first hybrid scrapbooking page. This means that I used real paper, but a bunch of digital elements as well. Jessica has a
free kit that you can download and add your own pictures to. So, the pictures of the boys on the greenish paper, plus the title/journaling and the tag (with journaling) is all Jessica. I just personalized it. My stuff is the blue paper, stamping and embellishments (string things). As always, click to enlarge!

I don't know that I would do the stamp that says "always remember" next time. I would probably find a more basic font. I may update this page in the future, but for now, I think it is a pretty good first effort!
No comments:
Post a Comment