Time for me to express my opinion here, so bear with me.
I have a drop down menu on my browser toolbar titled "Blogs." I like to look at my friends' blogs every once in a while. I enjoy getting caught up on their lives and feeling connected even though we may be thousands of miles apart. Maybe we live in the same town, but I don't get to spend much chit-chat time with them. Whatever. I just like knowing what is happening in their lives.
Opinion time. I think I really dislike MySpace. Why? It takes FOREVER to load. People put obnoxious wall paper on their blogs so you can't even read the print. There are all kinds of blinkies that take FOREVER to load, and if they have music, it has to load that, too! But here's the thing: I have a brand spankin' new computer with tons of memory and super-fast DSL. WHY does it take so long to load these pages? Because they are obnoxious, that's why.
For those of you who have MySpace, please don't be offended. Just know that I would LOVE to get caught up on your life, but I am a busy mom who can't wait around for all of your blinkies to load. (And, Tootsie, just so you know, yours is the only one I really bother with anyway!!)
Fall is Better with Friends
2 days ago
did you know you can bookmark just the BLOG section and not have the blinkie things, music, or annoying wallpaper? You just have to get there the one time. then you can bookmark the whole blog.
ReplyDeleteImagine if you had slow dial-up! I don't even bother most of the time. One of my frustrations is people who post 10 gazillion pictures on their blog and I have to wait for them all to download (with the rest of their 999 posts).
ReplyDeletePS You are not one of these multi-picture posters. I am talking 10 pictures or more per post. Argh.
I have a blog too, I will give you the address later...Take care-Amber
ReplyDelete