It has been a while since I posted last, but I have a really good excuse. The weather has just been WAY too nice to sit inside typing on the computer. But, alas, for the sake of my audience, I am finally letting the guilt get to me. Here is a quick update:
Grant's first round of swim lessons is over. He has perfected bobbing under the water, putting his face in the water while blowing bubbles and recklessly splashing his classmates. He still "practices" in the bathtub, though, just to keep up his skills. Cole is getting used to being squirted in the face by the turkey baster. On Grant's last day, he got to go on the big, indoor water slide with his instructor . . . twice. There are perks to being in swim lessons! We hope to sign him up for swim lessons for the end of June/July. I'll keep you updated!
Cole will be One Year Old in only 13 days. Crazy. I still think of him as my baby and have a hard time visualizing him as a one-year-old. Maybe the long-awaited haircut will make him look a little more mature. (And just so I don't get TONS of hate-mail about that last comment: We have not even "officially" talked about cutting his hair. Of course, if I had my way he would get a nice, little trim . . . )
Mitch just returned from Oklahoma after attending his grandfather's funeral. Grandpa's death was a sad, yet expected, event. Mitch has been having mixed emotions about the death of his two paternal grandparents so close together. He wishes that he had been closer to them (emotionally and in proximity), and feels guilty that he didn't make more of an effort to call or write. It's kind of sad to think about the time we missed out on with them. Thankfully they both got to meet Grant a couple of times, but neither of them ever met Cole. We have some fun, cherished memories with them and we are so thankful that both Grandma and Grandpa are with the Lord!
On a less serious note, Grant has been sleeping on our floor again. Interestingly, our nocturnal visitor only shows up when Daddy is present. Seriously. It's weird. The whole time Mitch was gone I kept listening for Grant's little feet on the hardwood floor. I LONGED to have him jump into bed with me to keep me company. In fact, I kept him up super late and made him watch my shows just so he would fall asleep in my bed. Unfortunately, he always announced that he was going to go to bed in his bed, now. The second night I BEGGED him to stay with me. He said, "Okay, Mom, I will. I'll stay with you for a little while and then go to my bed." After much cajoling, I finally convinced Grant to at least sleep on the floor next to me. Thankfully, he complied. Well, now that Mitch is back, Grant won't sleep in his own bed. I'm sure that if we were awake enough to walk him across the house to his bed, he would stay. Unfortunately, we are so absolutely beat at the end of the day that neither one of us has the energy to do more than grab some blankets and a pillow and pile them on top of our son. Grant doesn't mind!
As for me, I am 22 days away from my 31st birthday. I am getting a tan on my shoulders and should be welcoming my summertime freckles any day now. I am totally enjoying these beautiful days and am NOT looking forward to losing Katie for the summer (both of her parents are teachers!). I can't wait to create summertime memories with my little family. Our first big trip this summer will be to California right after 4th of July to attend Quaker Meadow Family Camp where my parents are the speakers. (Now that it is in "print" it is official. Mitch, you can't change your mind!!) In August, we plan to go up to Washington to visit my Uncle Les, Aunt Gail and cousins at Camp Casey. My grandparents, parents and littlest sisters will be there. Rob and Rachel have just moved to Washington and should be joining us. I think Tim and Sara will be coming, too! We had a great time a couple of years ago and have been looking forward to visiting them again!
Well, my sweet little baby with the fuzzy hair just woke up. Gotta go! Thanks for reading my blog! Check back soon. I'll be posting pics!
Fall is Better with Friends
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment