So, A LOT of people have been asking me about how in the world to do digital scrapbooking. I am NOT an expert, but here is some basic information to help you get started. I posted this earlier under my comments, but since most people probably don't read those, I thought I would put it here and add a little to it:
You should get Photoshop Elements to do digital scrapbooking. You can download a free 30 day trial here:Photoshop Elements
If you have a mac (like I do), I'm pretty sure you can get a free trial, but I can't remember where the link is (and can't find it online).
I have been burning my layouts onto CD and taking them to Walt's Print and Copy in Monmouth to be printed in 12x12 format. They actually end up being 11.5 x 11.5 since the printer needs a margin. I don't really mind, though. I just keep them 12x12, but they have a nice, white border around them (or I cut them out and mount on cardstock). It costs me $1.45 per 12x18 sheet, so the next time I do it I am going to put some photos on there so I get more bang for my buck.(I have done that since I first wrote this! Awesome idea and the pics turn out great!) I decided that it costs too much in ink for me to shrink to 8x8 and print at home. Besides, I like having my layouts in my big album! You can get them printed at Costco for about $2.99 (I think) per 12x18 sheet. This is for heavier paper, and they are true 12x12. I don't have a Costco membership, so I just stick with Walts, for now. You can also get them printed online, but they seem to be a little pricey.
For the paper, you don't scan your own. You can buy digital kits or download free digital kits (paper, embellishments, word art, brushes-which are like stamps, etc.). So far, I have just used the free stuff. I plan on buying my first digital kit soon because I want more boyish stuff. ( I have since purchased 2 digital kits! Both were from Shabby Princess.) Seems that most free kits are girly!
Here are some links to some of my favorite places for free downloads:
Two Peas in a Bucket(Go to the bottom of the screen and you will find free downloads.)
Digital Freebies
Digital Scrapbooking Freebies
Little Dreamer Designs
Designer Digitals (Get on their email list!! Check out their challenges. They are LOADED with freebies. This is probably my favorite site.)
Shabby Princess
(I bought Smarshmallows and Cuddle Bug. So cute!!)
Peppermint Creative
(Freebie search engines!!)
Digi Free
Ikea Goddess
The Up and Running with Photoshop Elements class by Jessica Sprague has REALLY helped me and I can't even believe how much I have learned. I feel pretty good about Photoshop I am having a great time!
If you do get the free trial for PSE, you can start playing by going to Jessica Sprague's website OR check out her Photoshop Friday tutorials on her blog.
They are usually videos, so that is EXTREMELY helpful since you can pause and go back. She also has free downloads at the bottom of her PSF blog page.
Hope that helps! Glad my stuff is inspiring you to look into this!
Fall is Better with Friends
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment