Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My kid is a genius!

Yes, he is. I've known this for a long time, but now I have concrete proof. He can sing the alphabet backwards. I can't even sing the alphabet backwards! Today, while leaning into the window of the car to grab something I almost forgot, I heard Grant singing the alphabet song backwards for Katie. I about fell over! The kid is 4! He told me he has been studying using the game board for his Leap Frog Letter Factory game and just, "starting at the letter Z, and then to Y, and then all the way to A!"

I'm telling you, my kid is a genius!

Last week he nonchalantly told Katie that he knows his phone number. I didn't know he knew his phone number! We have never even told him his phone number. I figured that he should know it by the time he enters kindergarten, but that is not for another year. Sure enough, he recited his phone number. I asked him how he knew that and he said, "Mom! You say it all the time!" (It's how I end most of my calls!)

I'm telling you. My kid is a GENIUS.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, another backwards alphabet reciter!!! My daughter did the same thing. :) And yes, she's a genius too (but I'm not biased at all, heheheheh).

    Cards are lookin' good, Kelleigh!

    ReplyDelete