Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chair issues

I just can't live with the pressure of knowing that there are only 5 chairs left at Overstock.com, and I can't return them if I don't like them. So, I'm bailing on that. However, I found a similar chair at Cost Plus World Market!

I'm beginning to think that the scale of these chairs might be better than the chair pictured in my post below (although I might still get that one for another room of the house).

What do you think?

This one?


or this one?


I think I might go visit that top chair this weekend.

Oh, and I put my pretty print (my "happy picture" as my friend calls it) above the mantle, and it is too narrow for the space. So, I might need to get new artwork for above the mantle. Thankfully the same artist has another print that I think would work perfectly! The colors are not as bright, but it is still nice (and I have seen this in person!).


Whew! This is going to add up! If I get 4 of the top chairs, I will have to get 2 now and 2 later (could be months before I have $ saved up). If I get 4 bottom chairs, I could buy them today. Hmmm . . .

5 comments:

  1. The top chair seems more "grounded" and "heavy" to me...maybe even a little more masculine. The bottom chairs seem a little "lighter". I'm not sure what feel you're going for in the room, how formal you're looking to go, but I think the bottom chair is a little more formal. I like both of them and I can see how it would be hard to choose! Especially if you can't see the cheaper chair in person and returning them isn't an option if you don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the top chair best. It feels more "living room-ish". The target chair seems to "dinging room" to me.

    Decorating on a budget really bites. Good things come to those who wait. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the first one but I'm sure whatever you do will look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the top ones does look more casual and maybe a little more comfy. It kind of invites you to curl up an a rainy day with a good book. The one on the bottom is cute, too, just seems a little more formal, to me.

    Good Luck, I'm sure the room is gonna be beautiful when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the ones at the top- much better scale :)

    ReplyDelete