Did you read it? She says that she likes the armless chairs better. I like them both. I kind of like the style of the armless chairs better, though. So, going with that idea, I've been looking at these chairs on Target.com lately. My friend Sarah has 2 of them in her living room, and I got to sit in them this weekend and check them out. They are super nice, made of something that looks like linen, and are very comfortable. What do you guys think? With free shipping, free in-store returns, and 15% off, I could pick up 4 and not completely drain the PayPal account. And, of course, picture them with funky fabric pillows.





I say get them, put them in the room and see what you think. I liked what Christine said in her post. I agree with the photos above the mantel. I think you need a mirror. I think you should pick a color from your funky fabric and paint the walls. I love the idea of green like we talked about. I have wood roman shades and I love them. I spent a lot of money on them, but would go to Home Depot next time and find something cheaper.
ReplyDeleteLet me know when you get the chairs so we can come down and see them.
Another thought. I would change around what is on your bookshelves. Do you LOVE everything? If not toss it. Look in magazines and on line to get some idea. Sorry is this way to much info?
ReplyDeleteActually, that is exactly what Christine said (further down on her blog). I talked with Mitch about all of her ideas last night, and we both totally agree with everything she has said!!
ReplyDeleteChristine is great. I like the armless chairs. I lind of like the larger scale of the ones you showed in a different post that had an oblong pillow across the back. That would be easy to make a pillow cover too. I can see why Target is alluring, but doesn't Overstock have free shipping too? Don't forget to save money for the super cute round ottoman. I would probably change the wall color too. I like the idea of a soft, not minty green. I thought it was interesting what Christine said about the small, med. and large prints -- these kinds of decorating "rules" fascinate me! If you go with the chairs from Target, I bet that linen would count as an extra small print. It adds texture and will look great supporting your funky toss pillows. If you want to know how to make a super simple pillow cover for an insert, with piping, I would be glad to show you.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting Kelleigh! I like the armless chairs too. My only thought is have you done the measurements? At first glance I wonder if they are going to be big enough for the space (I don't have a totally frame of space so I could be totally off here). Good luck! I can't wait to see the final product!!
ReplyDelete