My friend Erin C. has been watching seasons 1 and 2 of Lost on DVD. I was never into Lost. I watched it once, didn't understand it, and then just decided that I didn't want to get sucked into a new show.
We got rid of TV a few weeks back and had been enjoying quiet evenings as a family. Then, we visited Tim and Sara. They loaned us Seasons 1 and 2. Mitch said he was not at all interested in watching Lost, but he joined me in watching episode 1. He was officially hooked. We watched the whole first DVD that night (4 episodes) and then worked our way through both seasons in a matter of about 2 weeks. It has been so much fun!! Now, we are working through season 3 (the current season) by watching episodes on the internet! So much for no TV!
I have no idea how people can watch this show week to week. Too much anticipation!! I would explode!
I may follow Erin's lead and work on 24 or Grey's Anatomy or something like that next. (Of course, Mitch says he had no interest . . blah, blah, blah.) Any recommendations?
Fall is Better with Friends
1 day ago
Okay... I think I like this friend of yours! :) You know me, no tv as well. Anyway, we are into lost. Do the same thing, on the internet. We're also VERY into 24...and are currently on season 5. NOW I'm an idiot...bored one day and started the online version of Greys Anatomy. BAD girl! Sad thing is, they only show the last four episodes! fortunately for me, I have a friend with seasons 1 and 2. John is WAY involved in this show as well. Yes, I know, so much for now tv. BUT at least we have control over what we put ON our tv. and no...I don't know how people wait week to week! waiting each week for the new LOST kills me!!! I love having those dvd's to just keep watching! thank goodness for my netflix!!
ReplyDeleteI really like Grey's, but Nate doesn't watch it with me. So I TiVo the episodes and watch them when he's gone. Like right now. It's great.
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I have watched every episode of Greys since it came on the air, but for a couple show I hear that 24 is way better. Kyle refuses to watch Greys and thinks it has too much voyeristic sex on it. But hey, it has cute actors and great story lines.
ReplyDeleteHey Kel, you should go way back and rent all the X-Files episodes. You'll get hooked, even if you were never into the series when it was around in the 90s. That's a Christmas suggestion for me too: the "X-Files Mythology Collection" on DVD - it's all of the conspiracy episodes put together. You miss all of the fun / quirky 'non-alien' episodes, but it's a much faster alternative than renting all 10 seasons.
ReplyDeleteokay... your friend who said rent X-Files...is absolutely right! I have always been an X-files fan. But my sis-in-law has all 9 seasons and lent me season 1. John and Sean were INSTANTLY hooked. :)
ReplyDelete