Notice the little details in this picture. It was taken a moment ago in my office . . . actually it is the man room and it has a computer in it. Never mind that I'm the one who uses it the most! You'll notice the binoculars, of course. Look behind the picture of my precious Grant with his daddy and you'll see the scope, too. Mitch is a birdwatcher, and yes, the coaster with the chickadees on it is accurate. My tea is perched atop a MomSense magazine. This is my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) magazine that gives me all kinds of encouragement in this stage of my life. The tea is in one of my white mugs and of course you can see my lipstick. I just put it on in an attempt to freshen up and look a little less frantic. Mitch came home for a quick lunch and he saw the "real" me. No lipstick and hair tweaking out every which way. Frenzied. (And Mitch, just because I want to share the joy: after you left Grant never did fall asleep, but he trashed his room for me. Cole's nap was incredibly short. The house is a mess, AGAIN and I'm not sweeping up the popcorn kernels. I'm gonna let you do that!)
I need to drink that tea now.
I have "tea" days, too. Often they're "grab a coke and a smut magazine and put on a movie for the kids in the middle of the day" moments.
ReplyDeleteMitch is incredibly blessed to have you. =^)