Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pretty good . . . for Grant.

Grant went to Cubbies tonight while the rest of us went grocery shopping. I am still so love/hate toward Waremart (Winco). I love that I can get Stove Top for 98¢ or less, but I hate having to bag my own groceries at the end. How in the world did we fit all of those groceries in the cart in the first place when we can't fit them in after they are bagged??

Also, the timing sounds okay, but in reality maybe it isn't. The reason we go shopping on Wednesday night is so that we don't have to take Grant who is too big for the cart and too young to just walk beside me. Sometimes a leash is tempting. The drawback to Wednesday nights is that we have a short window of time to run around the store (in a very methodical fashion) before rushing back to Dallas to pick up Grant. Our window shrinks significantly when we bump into friends who are also using the small window to do their shopping (since their kids are in Awana, too). It shrinks even more when Mitch bumps into a client.

[sigh] Mitch runs into people everywhere we go. It is kind of fun, but a bit frustrating at times. People want to talk insurance in the middle of the grocery store with the ketchup staring them in the face. Give me a break!! To Mitch's defense, he did try to hint that we were in a bit of a rush, but he is just so stinking polite. I never would have commented about the deer and rabbits congregating on the client's property. I think I would have said, "So nice to see you! Gotta rush off!! Hope to catch you again sometime." Maybe that is why I am not in the insurance industry. People want to work with someone who cares. Mitch certainly does. Empathy is not a big spiritual gift of mine, though. Pretty sure it was at the bottom of the list. That doesn't mean that I don't care. It just means that I don't always "see" the problem. And really . . . if you just stopped feeding the bunnies and deer on a regular basis, they will either find their own food or die just as God intended.

By the way, the gals at Cubbies said that Grant was "Pretty good . . . for Grant." What in the world does that mean? He is a good boy. He knows what correct behavior is like. He obeys excellently. My goodness, threaten the kid!! He WILL behave. His sweet (young) table leader said that she has only ever seen his active side (aka. obnoxious side). Seriously, I think I will go put the smack down on that kid next week at Cubbies. Time to open up a can . . . (WWF reference from my days as a 7th grade teacher. My boys were obsessed with The Rock.)

No comments:

Post a Comment