Let me catch you up . . . since I KNOW my life is SO interesting and you are dying of curiosity.
Friday night we went out to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse with Mitch's "boss" and a few SF friends and their spices! It was so much fun! These are some of the same guys who went on the fishing trip with us in Cancun, so you KNOW we had a blast. The conversation was lots of fun, the food was super yummy, and the guys got all pumped up to keep building their businesses. Those are the best kinds of "power dinners".
Another bonus is that our boys spent the night at Mitch's parents' house on Friday night, so we got to sleep in on Saturday! 8:30!! What a treat! After a relaxing morning, Mitch asked me if I wanted to go with him to the Oregon Waterfowl Festival. Well SURE honey! (Good grief!) No really, it was actually fun. My ears were ringing with the sounds of duck calls being blown and heavy metal music pumping up the hunting dogs who were jumping off of the dock into the big pool. Crazy stuff. We walked up and down the isles of the room where Mitch drooled over all of the new duck hunting gadgets including SUPER expensive acrylic duck calls. These things were selling for $100 or more! He says that acrylic is super expensive. I told him he could have one of my acrylic stamping blocks instead of the duck call. He was not amused.
That evening, our boys were returned to us. Gosh, I miss them SO MUCH when we don't see them for a day! I can't imagine our lives without these boys. I picked Cole up and gave him a hug and he started saying, "So funny!" over and over. It was adorable. "Daddy's so funny! Grant's so funny! Mommy's so funny!" My child is finally starting to speak intelligibly. I'm so proud!
On Saturday night, at about 12:30, I still couldn't sleep! My mind was just whirling and I had to really concentrate on relaxing. Finally, I started to relax when I heard bumping and pounding. It sounded like one of the boys was kicking the wall with their feet. I kept expecting to hear one of them run to our room, so I looked out our bedroom door in anticipation. I saw a huge flash of light! I thought, "Who has my camera?" Then, I saw it again and again! So cool! A lightening storm! See, we don't have many lightening storms here in Oregon. In Texas, where I spent my high school years, they were almost a daily occurrence. Here in Oregon, we just get rain. So, after laying there in my room for a few minutes, just seeing flashes and listening to rumbling thunder, I sensed that Mitch was awake. "Are you awake?" I whispered. Sure enough. To make a long story short, we got up and decided to watch the storm outside on our back patio. Most of the neighborhood was up and we heard, "Oooh! Wow!" every few minutes. Sort of like watching fireworks. I finally went back to bed.
Sunday, after church, Mitch took Grant back to the waterfowl festival while I worked on some birthday cards for my sister-in-law and niece. That evening, we celebrated the girls' birthdays at their house. Our boys had so much fun with their cousins. Cole immediately got wet in the kiddie pool and ran around for the rest of the night in nothing but his diaper. We love hanging out with the family!
OK. That's all I have. (Interesting read, wasn't it?) But, look up for a freebie!
Fall is Better with Friends
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment