Yesterday, as we know, was Valentine's Day. We haven't really been TOO big into V-day, because we love each other every day around here, however this year Mitch went all out. On Monday, he had flowers and chocolate delivered. GORGEOUS yellow roses with red tips. Probably the prettiest roses I have ever seen. I just love them! I would love them more if he picked them up for $10 at a roadside stand, but alas, he didn't. (Come on, ladies. Some of you know what I'm sayin' here, right?) However, despite the cost, I love them.
Then, on the actual Valentine's Day, he brought me a GLORIOUS Annihilator (my fav coffee), and my youngest son handed me a little red jewelry bag. Inside was a very pretty silver locket on a chain with my initial engraved on it! So sweet! I'm excited to put a photo of "the boys" inside.
Speaking of the boys, Mitch went out earlier this week (or maybe last week) and bought the boys some skittles inside plastic hearts and a pack of $5 Legos for Cole - He loves the little race cars. We bought Grant a replacement set of General Grievous Legos (on Ebay) because he was missing some key pieces to the set he got for his birthday last year. He was thrilled! Not very surprising, considering that we made these Valentines for him:
Credits here.Yep. That's Grant's head on General Grievious' body. Grant thought it was so funny! He signed his own name (using my Bamboo Fun - pen tablet thingy for all you non-scrappers) and we printed them all out on cardstock.
And, what did I get Mitch? Well, I made this layout a few days ago:
Credits here.And I gave this to him for Valentine's day!
Credits here.I just printed the layout (4x4) and attached it to a cork-backed coaster I bought at the Dollar Tree. I punched holes and set the eyelets with my Crop-o-dile. I want to find some better ribbon, so I'll be on the lookout! Mitch liked it, so that's good!
Later that morning, we went out to a couple of fun stores, and realized that Cole was acting pretty wimpy and that he had a fever. Hmmm. So, we went on back home and relaxed. Our plans were to go out to dinner tonight (Sunday) and drop our kids off to play with their cousins, however our nephew is just finishing up the last of his treatments for cancer, and it's never a good idea for him to be around sick kids. So we decided to keep our kids with us and Mitch went out for Thai food. Yum! So, our Valentine's Day wasn't terribly romantic, but it was filled with love!! I'll skip over the part where Cole fell asleep at 4:00pm and then woke up at 2:00am wanting to watch a movie. We started one for him and woke up every 2 hours to start a new one for him. Huh. Guess I didn't skip over that. Anyway, at some point in the late evening I realized that I was getting sick, so I drugged myself up BIG TIME. It was hard to drag myself out of bed every 2 hours - 2:00, 4:00, 6:00 to push play. But, it was infinitely easier than forcing a wide-awake 2 year old to stay in his bed.
So, now, on Sunday, I'm sick, Cole is better (but runny), Mitch is bored and Grant is annoying all of us. I want to kick the boys out of the house!! How to do that nicely . . .?
I'll leave you with a couple of layouts I did this week:
Credits here.
Credits here.And, just wanted to let my scrapping audience know that The Digichick is having a fun Valentine's Day party that ends tonight. There are some big prizes up for grabs, including a couple of issues of Bella Scraps Magazine and a seat in one of Jessica Sprague's classes! Chances are VERY good that you could win something. I don't think too many people know about this party! Either that, or they are all out to dinner with their sweethearts!
No comments:
Post a Comment