Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm about to explode!

My boys are freaking me out. Cole NEEDS to sleep, yet Grant woke him up with his screaming, "No Mommy, I don't want a swat!" about 1/2 an our into his morning nap. Cole is trying to recover from a cold and would sleep 2 hours if his brother would STOP waking him up!! Cole is now crying because he thinks it is time to wake up and his mommy just left his room.

Grant is driving me NUTS!! Between the Cars monologues, insane sound effects (revving engines and who knows what), "Look mom . . . ", "Hey, mom . . . .", the sound of dropped cars on the hard wood, etc. I think I am going to go insane. And, to top it off, my coffee is cold.

Oh, no, it gets better. It is snowing again, which means that we had to cancel our MOPS steering team meeting this morning because the Dallas schools decided to cancel school. People in Minnesota would laugh at us Oregonians. Our schools have closed 3 times in recent weeks. Why???? Seriously!!!! When the schools close, do you know what I do? I take the boys on a field trip! We go to Wal-Mart and walk the isles. We visit Daddy. We deposit a check. We get a Dutch Bros. coffee. We go grocery shopping. A little bit of snow is not going to stop the Ratzlaffs from going outside. Our lives do not shut down just because school is closed!! FREAK!!!

I am NOT going to cancel our scrapbooking group tonight unless the weather is so bad that Mitch can't get home from work. Oh, yeah. Mitch went to WORK today. Imagine him actually continuing with his life while the rest of Dallas is afraid to go out in about 1/2 inch of snow . . . and a tiny bit of ice. By the way, for those of you who live in Dallas, people are driving up and down my street at a normal clip without chains right now! I live on a smooth road with about a 30 degree incline and people are NOT sliding around.

Yes, one day when my kids are in school and I am sitting at home, bored (yeah, right), I will long for these cold, wintry days when we were cooped up inside our homes with opportunities to cuddle, play games and wipe noses. But, since that has been my existence for the past 3 1/2 years, I just need something to look forward to in the EVERY DAY. If they cancel Bible Study for the 3rd time on Thursday, I think I will flip out.

[sigh] I apologize for the rant. Yeah, I need to throw my coffee in the microwave and just chill out. If only "the wipers on the bus [didn't] go swish, swish, swish . . . all through the town" quite so often. Grant found an old toy. Argh.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I feel for ya here. I HATE snow days!!! and I grew up in Utah so I know EXACTLY what you mean by us "Oregonians". I remember moving here and my friend saying "now be careful, the road is slick...walk like this." I just laughed and rolled my eyes...and walked normally. However, this AM the road WAS bad...but, I was one of very few people who braved the roads and headed for work. Oh wait, I didn't drive...my friend with 4-wheel drive did. lol that's what friends are for ... right? It's the OTHER people on the road I worry about! You'll survive...I hate to say it, but before you know it...they'll both be in school and you'll love every minute you get when they're out.

    ReplyDelete