Friday, January 12, 2007

My Surprise

For the past year or so, Mitch has been the one to put Grant to bed. They hop in Grant's bed and read books and tell stories. I love that Mitch likes to do that because I have always been the "drop and run" type. I know you are supposed to read and tell stories, but COME ON!! I do that ALL day. With Mitch taking over, I get to go take a bath or check my email or fix some tea in PEACE!!

Well, earlier this week, after kissing Grant and praying with him, I was kicked out of his room. They had to work on their surprise for Mommy. How fun!!!

Last night, I found out what their surprise was. I was putting Grant's PJs on him and he starts in with, "... L, M, N, O, P. Q, R, S . . T, U, V. W, X, Y and Z. Now I know my ABC's, next time won't you sing with me." WHAT!!?? Mitch had been teaching him the ABC song. I don't know how long they had been working on that, but it was SO cool to hear him sing it to me. I asked him to sing it again and he did it from the beginning. We went out to sing it to Daddy. He did great! He even enunciates his "LMNOP!" My 3 1/2 year old knows his ABC's!

(Since I am bragging, I might as well tell you that he also knows about 10 Bible verses. He goes to Awana and has a great memory. Hee hee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment