After another "fun" day with the boys (this too shall pass . . .), I treated myself to a haircut with Trisha. I just LOVE my haircut with Trisha time!! I discovered Trisha quite by accident (or maybe an act of God) two summers ago when I put my name in a drawing at Summerfest. I won a free haircut by Trisha! I went to her and she cut my hair, but Mitch didn't insure her at the time, so I went back to Tricia (same name, different stylist). After a particularly frightening haircut by Tricia, I decided I would not subject my hair to that kind of thing again, so I just didn't get my hair cut.
Envy Spa and Salon in downtown Dallas, Oregon opened up this fall and Mitch insures most (if not all) of the ladies there, so he suggested that I try it out. To my delight, Trisha worked there!! I set an appointment for GRANT to get a haircut and me to get a bang trim and brow wax (first one in 13 years). Grant's haircut was . . . a challenging experience, but he turned out cute. Now, picture me laying flat on my back in a shampoo chair with a 4 month old sitting on my belly. Grant was running around willy-nilly as Trisha waxed my brows. (Some of you Mardock-side females may recall my "oh-my-gosh" e-mail about the pencil thin eyebrows.) Can you believe that Trisha only charged me $10 for a wax, trim and little boy haircut?? She became my friend and my stylist that day.
These days I make it a point to schedule my appointments every 6 weeks or so. I can pop in anytime for a trim, but I just wait for the full-treatment. Tonight, I arrived for my 7:15 appointment (I love that she works at night!!) and she asked me, "white or red?" [sigh] Who cares if it is just three-buck Chuck?? She washed my hair (even though she cuts my hair dry) just so I could feel pampered. She waxed my brows (no more caterpillar eyebrows for me!!) and then gave me an ultra-stylish cut. I told her to just go for it. She did, and I like it!! I just hope I like it tomorrow when I'm on my own. Seriously, it is SO different than my usual style. For those of you who haven't seen me in 10 years, it has looked the same, so you haven't missed out. NOW, though, I don't know if my own mother would recognize me!!
And, to top it all off, she gave me $5 off because I had recently referred a friend (who looks wonderfully stylish as well). My Chuck, wax and cut only cost me $25. Woo Hoo!!
Fall is Better with Friends
2 days ago
We need a picture! We need a picture! A new hair style always makes you feel sassy.
ReplyDelete