On Saturday, I went to my friend Carley's baby shower. I met Carley when she was a freshman in high school (maybe 9 years ago) and now she is all grown up, married with a baby on the way! It was fun to see Carley and her mom and be able to share the excitement of a baby shower with her.
That night we went to our friends' house for dinner. It was us, our hosts and one other family. Lots of fun with 6 adults and 6 kids running around. I don't know why we don't do that more often.
On Sunday, we went to church and Sunday school, then to the air museum in McMinnville. We have had the air museum on our list of things to do as a family, but it is SO expensive! Thankfully, my brother-in-law was given a bunch of free tickets through his work, so he took us along! It was great watching the boys get excited about seeing the big airplanes up close. Of course, when we found the interactive play area the boys were thrilled. I got some great pictures of Cole sitting in a cute little airplane, but my uncooperative 4-year-old didn't let me get a real good shot of him. Hopefully you'll get the idea:

My mother-in-law was there too, but I don't have any pictures!! (Note to self: Take more pictures of the GIRLS in the family!!)
I'll do a paper layout of this and post it when I'm done! It will be good to get my fingers sticky again!
After the air museum, we went over to the IMAX next door and watched a 3-D movie about prehistoric sea monsters. It was SO cool! It was a bit scary for Cole, and Grant had his hands over his ears most of the time (which is such a Kelleigh thing to do!!), but it was a hit with the boys. Dinosaurs and sharks all rolled into one larger than life 3-D movie.
By the way, I had to share this genius idea. We were NOT excited about holding a squirmy almost-2-year-old during the movie, so I brought Cole's car seat into the theater. He thought it was so cool to sit, buckled in, in his car seat. Of course, when the huge shark jumped out of the water and chomped down on the prehistoric sea monster - in 3-D - Cole ended up needing to sit on Daddy's lap anyway. However, we will remember this genius idea if we ever take a toddler to the movies again.
The day ended with a wonderful meal out at Ruby Tuesdays, then on home for ice cream and early to bed! What a great memory for our little family!
I love those pictures! They are so cute seeing all the boys go through that museum. I know our boys would've enjoyed that too even if they are a little older than yours! (10 and 6). I love visiting your website - seeing your creations of you and your family! You do such a fabulous job! It always makes me feel like I know you guys so well even though we've never met!
ReplyDeleteI take that back - that last comment doesnt sound right. Of course I've met Mitch - we're cousins. Its just you and your precious boys that we have never met!
ReplyDeleteMan, did you guys have a full weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the collage pictures that you did...very cool
ReplyDelete