Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cancun (part 1) - The Fishing Trip!

We got back from our trip to Cancun LATE Thursday night. While we were gone, it supposedly snowed here in Oregon! We were soaking up the sun the whole time! It was awesome! There is SO much to tell you about, so I am going to have to break this up into different posts, but you'll probably get a better picture of our trip from the layouts I create over the next few weeks.

In the meantime, I just HAD to post pictures of our deep sea fishing trip that we took the last full day of our vacation. I was the only gal on the boat, and I have a cool camera, so I pretty much designated myself as the record-keeper and official
photographer. This is PROOF that we caught some monsters! (Click on the pics to enlarge!)

Fishing Buddies


We all caught a bunch of little Bonita in the beginning. They ended up being bait for the trophy fish!


My Baracuda was the first big catch of the day!


Jim's Amberjack:


Mitch's trophy Dorado:



Tom was just starting to fight a fish when suddenly another fish was on! Mitch grabbed the pole and hauled it in. Both Bonita!


Michael's Bonita



Dave's HUGE Grouper! I was shocked when they hauled this one on board. It is HUGE!!



Tom's Dorado

3 comments:

  1. Wowza! Those are some BIG fish! How cool that you were the first to catch one!! Love that!

    Those pictures are awesome, but I do wonder...since you were on vacation...WHAT did you do with those fish?

    Thanks for sharing and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the sharks under Tom's feet in the last picture....actually, they were only three foot long Tarpon. What a cool memory!
    Nice job, Tom, Michael, Jim and Dave!
    Thanks for posting Kelleigh!
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see your pictures. I'll look forward to more in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete