Tuesday, April 29, 2008

In a nutshell (maybe)

I have SO much going on here that I have been neglecting my blog. Sorry about that! You'll see what I have been up to soon!

In the meantime, I thought I would tell you about our trip to Cancun . . . in a nutshell. I mean, sure, some of you are just like me. You want ALL the nitty gritty details. However, some of you just want the overview. This post is to satisfy those overview people. I'll be doing layouts to satisfy the nitty gritty people later (however it might be over the next several months!).

So, here it is:

Friday: Got up butt-early (which is pretty early), hopped on an airplane, flew to Houston, hopped on another airplane and arrived in Cancun. Waited in the customs line for about 1.5 hours. No exaggeration. Took a bus to Moon Palace. Stood in 3 more lines to check in, get our room key, and pick our side trips. Went next door where we chewed on a buffet that had been left out too long. (I've never had such chewy shrimp!) Opened the door to our BEAUTIFUL room, peaked out at our ocean view, and determined that it was a good thing there were 2 full size beds instead of just one. Quickly changed into proper Cancun attire and went in search of our first official meal. We found an outdoor grill/buffet where we enjoyed some awesome chicken while listening to some rockin' Karaoke at the main stage area. All of this while looking out onto the ocean. Amazing!

Saturday: We both woke up early and jumped out of bed, anxious to check out the place. We headed toward the restaurant we noticed right off the lobby where we enjoyed a wonderful man-sized breakfast. We ate quickly because we are the type of people who just have to get things done. We were itching to get outside and see if there really were umbrellas and lounge chairs on the beach. There were. We took one look at the pools and beach, glanced at each other and rushed off to change into our suits. We spent the entire morning at the beach, by the pool, or sitting at the "swinging bar" (where you actually sat in swings . . . too cool). After a while we took a walk down the LONG boardwalk that ran along the beach to the opposite end of the resort. We saw 4 weddings taking place along the way. It was a beautiful day for weddings! We bar hopped. I discovered the "Miami Vice" when the little boy next to me ordered one. He explained that it was 1/2 Strawberry Daiquiri, half Pina Colada. He was about 11 years old. Ha! So, all the way up the boardwalk, we stopped in at every bar for a Miami Vice or Strawberry Daiquiri or Pina Colada. It was really fun. We ran into some of Mitch's friends throughout the day, so that evening we met up with a group of them for dinner. We ate at a seafood place that served AWESOME food. We laughed and laughed, talked a lot, and really enjoyed the evening. I was tired, so I went off to bed while Mitch stayed out late with the guys. It was an awesome first full day in Cancun!

Well, I thought I would be able to tell you about the entire trip in this one post, but I think I will have to finish it up tomorrow. Apparently I can't really do things in a nutshell. But, trust me, I am leaving out lots of details and sparing you all! More later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment